SM 2010 is up and running and I’ve started configuring. What lessons did I learn from the installation?
– Communications – We have two domains. My system admin used our new domain (domain A) for the service account and I was entering the login credentials for our current domain (domain B). Hence the previous fail whale posts. Once we cleared that up and he gave the account sysadmin rights to the database, the installation completed in around 10-minutes.
– Security – Make sure you understand who needs to be local admins on both the application/web server and the database server.
– Prerequisites – Use the Vista install for the Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable Check prereq for Server 2008. Windows6.0-KB975332-x64. The Server 2008 R2 64-bit won’t work.
Overall the installation was really painless.